Welcome to the April edition of Tips and Tutorials on the 22nd #TTot22. I am anxious to share my little pocket trick with you. However, before we get to my tutorial, take a look at last month’s links.
Andreé, from Quilting & Learning, received a gorgeous grouping of hand-dyed fabrics and wanted to make something special. Check out the blog post for the techniques she used.
Yvonne, from Quilting Jetgirl, has the best app recommendation. If you don’t have another way to recolor a quilt mockup, this is a great way to do it. I tried it and it is really easy to learn to use and her video walks you right through the process. So, if you aren’t a fan of drawing your own in another program, this little app is for you!
When I was making my bag the other day, I wanted to line the block to use as pocket. I thought why not do the same as I do for some pillows, just no stuffing. It avoids slip stitching the bottom and makes for pretty quick work.
- Select a piece of fabric wider than the block you are using.
- It should be twice the size of the block.
- Trim it a little wider than the block and cut in half.
- Fold over one edge on each piece.
- Press the edges.
- Sew down 1/4″ away from the edges.
- Place on top of block right sides together.
- The two lining pieces should overlap some.
- Sew around 1/4″ from edge of the block (this is the lining side).
- Trim the excess.
- Trim across the corners.
- Turn the piece inside out and press.
- Stitch 1/8″ around the pocket.
- Attach by stitching on 3 sides of this block to the outside or inside piece of a bag or clothing. I have a jacket that may just get this leftover block as a pocket.
Now it’s your turn to post, and the rules are simple – write up a tip or group of tips or a tutorial that is quilting or sewing-related and link that post below. The linky party is open from midnight on the 22nd, through midnight on April 30th. The post does not have to be new but should be one that hasn’t been linked to Tips and Tutorials in the past. If you don’t have a blog, please send it to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will post your tip or tutorial for you!
Coming Up on My Blog:
Rainbow Scrap Challenge
Tips and Tutorials on the 22nd – 5/22
Foodie Blog Hop 5/26