This summer flew by! We are beginning Segment 3 and announcing block 9. Here is a block that is near and dear to many destination experiences: a road trip! I love the way Karen put this together with lots of options. Even more interesting is that her entire pattern reads like a road trip – signs, options, construction delays. It really did have me laughing. And, this segment I am hosting so I am really making the blocks!
Please head over to Karen’s blog to get her pattern. I can’t wait to see your version of her road trip block!
Here is my version and a few hints for you.
- Read! Make sure you read through before you pick your version. I was thinking I was making a convertible BUT I wasn’t.
- Mark! Karen gives you a sheet to make you fabrics, use it. It makes it so much simpler.
- One section at a time! There are a lot of pieces, but one section at a time and you will be done before you know it.
- Embroider your sign, first! I should have looked more carefully and embroidered my sign first, but I was close to the deadline.
- Surgical sewing works! I made the sign on another piece of the fabric I had. Took apart the old sign and inserted the new one. No need to take the whole thing apart, just take out the seams you need to insert it.
Be sure to check out the other hosts for their versions (above) of our block and their hints for making it!
Segment 3 has begun and we are getting near the end. There are two opportunities for prizes: 1) Segment 3 and 2) the Grand Prize.
The prize for Segment 3 will be awarded on October 19th. Anyone who has completed all 4 blocks, substantially like the designers’ pattern, is eligible to win. You must post your picture on our linky page, our Facebook group, or Instagram with #DestinationQAL.
The grand prize will be awarded on November 16th. Anyone who has completed all 12 blocks, substantially like the designers’ pattern, is eligible to win. You must post your picture on our linky page, our Facebook group, or Instagram with #DestinationQAL of all 12 blocks finished! It does not have to be in a quilt, but the blocks must be done.
Good luck to all who are sewing this week. If you need anything, feel free to email the designers or ask questions in the Facebook group!
Coming Up on the Blog:
Block 10 – Destination QAL – 9/21
Tips and Tutorials on the 22nd – 9/22
Block 11 – Destination QAL – 9/28
3 Benefit Quilts
Block 12 – Destination QAL – 10/5
Disclaimer: *Links with asterisk indicate an affiliate link. Your price is not any different, but a small percentage of the sale will go to supporting my blog.