fbpx

Positivity QAL – Check in #2

I am so pleased to participate in the Positivity QAL sponsored by Preeti Harris and benefitting Mercyful Quilts with Bernie as our adept coordinator. I love hospice and its work; so many I know have benefitted from it, so I am always pleased to send quilts their way.

The beginnings

This top uses a 4 x5 grid and borders, just enough to make a nice hospital bed/comfort quilt. It also means I can quilt it easily on Tabitha, with the little foot system, that allows for rolling a quilt rather than “hooping” a larger quilt on that frame. Its easier for me and it will get done.

Layout in progress

And, just for kicks, this is my current world view. I flew in late last night to MN to catchup with my husband and his high school friends. They gather a few days before for bocce, golf and poker. I join him and then we go to a lake to spend a few days. I wanted to meet my MN quilting friends, but covid travel is complicated…the flights are fewer and none would have allowed shopping time and time to drop off the 13 year old dog for his spa stay. Next year or a special visit out to do just that is in the cards, I promise, sisters!

The Flimsy

Upon returning, I have much to do – finish this quilt, work on my block 5 for the Partners in Design QAL, and get things ready for another craft sale in early August. I’m hoping to come back with a little more hustle than I have had lately – my belief is that this trip will be inspirational and I am sticking with that.

The Intercontinental Hotel

Coming Up on the Blog:
Destination QAL – 7/27
Block 5 – Destination QAL (My block!!) – 8/10
Block 6 – Destination QAL – 8/17
Tips and Tutorials on the 22 – 8/22
Block 7 – Destination QAL – 8/24
Block 8 – destination QAL – 8/31

Link Up:
Positivity QAL Link #2

1. July 24, 2021 / 12:03 am

Ahh! You’re here in Minnesota?! Definitely next year! Enjoy your MN visit!

2. July 24, 2021 / 8:01 pm

Hi Kathleen! Did I read between the lines that there’s going to be a partay in MN next year?!! HAHAHA! Love your quilt top . . . and I agree. I can’t say enough nice things about hospice and the workers that make that their mission. Huge kudos to them and to you for supporting them. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

3. July 25, 2021 / 5:23 am

Kathleen, your Positivity top is beautiful. Love the wide borders. Party? Did you say party? Keep me posted 🙂

4. July 25, 2021 / 8:29 am

I always love reading and looking at your blog! The hospice quilt is beautiful!
    I was looking for your non traditional ( not typical binding or envelope method) for finishing off smaller quilts. I looked in the tips and tutorials. Is it still available on your site?
    Hope you have a wonderful time in Minnesota! Can’t believe Percy is that old…time flies!

5. Nancy Bekedam
    July 25, 2021 / 10:13 am

Positivity is looking colorful and happy! Next year for sure!!!

6. Brenda @ Songbird Designs
    July 25, 2021 / 10:19 am

Your quilt is positivity lovely!! Enjoy your time in MN. Time at a lake house sounds peaceful and quiet. I hope you get recharged and come home ready to go!

7. July 26, 2021 / 11:54 pm

What fun! A visit to a lake house and travelling! Next year will work for a get together in Minnesota with all of the quilty girls (I hope). Your Positivity Quilt is just beautiful and will be a wonderful quilty hug for a hospice recipient.

8. thedarlingdogwood
    July 27, 2021 / 9:49 pm

Hope you have a fabulous trip to MN and get to relax by a lake (or 10 or 10,000!)

9. July 28, 2021 / 7:32 am

Congrats on getting your Positivity QAL top together, Kathleen!! The resulting quilt is sure to be a comfort to its recipient.

I love hearing from you and reply promptly to each comment by email. I will publish replies if there is something that is helpful to the readers of my blog.

Oliso Irons