For the last few years I have participate in the Planning Party sponsored by Quilting Jetgirl. So, just to be honest, I thought I would look at last years goals as I plot out this years goals.
- Widen my quilting social network – participate in blog hops/sew alongs, etc. DONE. I participated in 2020 BOM, hops with Carol, Carla and Marion, and Partners In Design. Followers are up and downloads of patterns are being tracked.
- Plan another sew along. DONE. Hosted Awesome Ocean, need to host another in 2020.
- Host a regular linky party. DONE. I am hosting #TTot22 – Tips and Tutorials on the 22nd and pleased with the way it is going.
- Finish one UFO and one PRO new project each month and work on my PhD with Gail. DONE. I finished my 12 UFOs and made 21 new projects.
- Keep up with Electric Quilt 8 lessons. DONE
- Write some patterns. 12 is not an unreasonable goal this year (I hope). Could Do Better. I published 10 patterns in my store, free and paid. The free ones do really well; I have made little money on the paid ones.
- Have a giveaway at least 6 times during the year.Consider de-stashing both fabric and quilts.Could Do Better. I didn’t do as many giveaways on the blog. I need to rethink this. Meanwhile, I did sell a few quilts at a small pop up shop on the island and did give a few more away. Working hard at not hoarding them.
Heres the list:
- 12 original quilts/projects: Each month, and original quilt….DPQ… see this post for more of what I mean, but this is one new project each month, all my design!
- Hops & Sew Alongs: Join in hops and design blocks for a few projects. These are always my busiest days on the blog and I will continue to do this as long asas I did last year, if the theme fits or it its a long term design group I am inFor this year, I really do want to pick a design, write a pattern and make the quilt. I have a lot in my EQ files and some in my head that I want to get to. Others will have the fabrics speak to me, and dictate some piece of the design.
- Plan some giveaways! Plain and simple, this could even be part of my upcoming downsizing. Lots of stuff is good, but not used.
At this point, my goals are not lofty. This is what I want – less pressure on doing, more on design and play! We also are having a small downsizing again, moving into a 2 bedroom apartment, right after my husband has cataract surgery so he will have some limitations on lifting, so I need to plan this well. Expect small projects in January and February and then we’ll see where the winds take me.
Quilting Jetgirl Planning Party