These lovely little ornaments are done.
I looked around to see if there was any information on the designer or her website but it is all gone. From what I can tell she was publishing around 2007 and so that tells you how long these little lovelies have sat.
The first one was finished some time ago and looks much better, to my eye, than the second. I think I need to work on the technique if I want to do more. I do like the effect, and have just a few more patterns, but they may wind up in a giveaway pile.
To back them, I folded the edges in, glued it and added a piece of felt along with a hanger. That was easy and simple and will hold for a very long time.
This is my last UFO for my PhD in 2020! I finished them all and all but one of my new projects. That new project has a delay that requires a visit to a quilt store when I am further along with the piecing for a few extra fabrics…including backing. It will be done early in January, if the weather holds and I can get to a store when I need to.
But, I am pleased. Here is what I have done this year. Some 33 finishes, almost 3 a month. Not too shabby. Thanks Gail for hosting, and it was really fun to participate. I started in 2016 tracking and completing UFOs and I have nearly slain the beast. I am comfortable with my ongoing list and may try to do one every 2 months, until I figure out how and when to deal with the handwork projects. Off to celebrate my PhD and the end of 2020 and the hopes that a new year brings.
Coming Up on the Blog:
My Cousin’s Quilt
Tips and Tutorials on the 22nd