I just love the way this is working out! The dark teal and dark grey are just so much fun in this block. The blocks went together really well, except for my own stupidity.
Hint: Pay attention to the direction of the geese
Hint 2: Pay attention to the direction of the geese.
I had mine all laid out nicely and sewed them in groups going the wrong direction! Fortunately it was only 2 of the seams and not all four, but it felt like it. It seemed that was the way the day would go…bad news all around.
However, in the end I have these 4 great blocks.
Working together is what makes this fun, so remember to check out the other quilters who are blogging, including our fab designer, Sherry!
- Sherry of Powered by Quilting
- Vanda of Quilting with Vanda
- April of JANDA Bend Quilts
- Abbie of Sparkle On!
Here’s the calendar for the Block of the month – we are exactly halfway there!
- August: Supply gathering.
- September: Month 1 blocks.
- October: Month 2 blocks & Mini Quilt #1.
- November: Month 3 blocks.
- December: Month 4 blocks & Mini Quilt #2.<= We are here
- January: Month 5 blocks/Mini Quilt #3.
- February: Month 6 blocks and Quilt Top Assembly
- March: Show off your amazing work
If you are just thinking of hopping in….here are links of supplies for this block of the month:
-join the facebook page,
-buy the pattern*,
-buy the seam guide* ,
-buy the ruler* for trimming (cuts HST from 1 1/2″ -6 1/2″).
(These are affiliate links and do not add to your costs, but help defray my costs)
Coming Up on the Blog
Island Batik Ambassador 3D Challenge
End of the Year Wrap!
EQ8 tutorial on mosaics