I am so excited to be a part of this block of the month. Sherry Shish writes great patterns and this one is just delightful. You can find her at Powered by Quilting. Let me give you some of the details.
- Buy the pattern – here
- Join her facebook group called Powered by Quilting: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2081740255439887. You will get a lot of help here, some videos and of course eye candy.
- Sign up for her newsletter on her website – it is a pop up window right when you get there.
- Here are the important dates:
- August 7, 2019: Kicking off the QAL
- September 4, 2019: Month 1 blocks
- October 2, 2019: Month 2 blocks
- November 6, 2019: Month 3 blocks
- December 4, 2019: Month 4 blocks
- January 1, 2020: Month 5 blocks
- February 5, 2020: Month 6 blocks and Quilt Top Assembly
- March 4, 2020: FINISH, YAY!
- Get some fabric!
Here is where I started for my fabrics. I bought a layer cake, I think from Fat Quarter Shop*. After I looked at the pattern I decided to add some yardage.
I found this great set of prints at In Stitches Quilt Shop in Wolmesdorf, PA. It is called Folk Art Fantasy by Benartex.
I am mostly using the white on left as a background, but the chicken scratch fabric may go in the center block (depending on the construction). Anyway, I think now have plenty of fabric and am anxious to start cutting.
I made a spreadsheet with my fabrics. I’ll post a mac/pc version on the facebook group where you can add your own fabrics in [working on this with Sherry]. Don’t forget to check out the other hosts, too.
So, let’s connect on Facebook with updates and see you September 4 with Month 1 Blocks!
Coming Up on the Blog:
Island Batik Hop – 8/8
Sew Let’s QAL Block 12 – 8/13
Linking Up To: