3rd Quarter Finish A Long 2019!

This week has been a busy one, working on two things – blocks for the QAL and my Island Batik projects for August. I hope to sneak some other sewing in to show in the between times, but I think I will be there along about Saturday or Sunday! Anyway, here are things that I will be up to over the next 3 months.

Rainbow Rectangles: Quilt 13 blocks & bind.
This one was close last quarter but I ran out of thread. I did finish something else instead, but due to some odd twist of fate the thread is still not here and should arrive by Monday! I love the Superior King Tut #901 Nerfiti I am using and should have ordered from Superior thread – big mistake. My order began on 6/27 not expected until July 15. I am ready to SCREEEEEEAAAMMMMM!

Dot To Dot quilt. Quilt and Bind
I began this in an online class and it was on for the second quarter, too and didn’t finish. I have no doubt I will finish it this quarter!

Cotton & Steel Baby Quilt: Piece, quilt & bind
This too was last quarter – will it make it this quarter? I sure hope so. It will be fun once I get into it, but I am thinking the end of August before that will happen.

Island Batik August: Beat the Heat Blog Hop!
My August Island Batik project is with secret fabric. Pieces are cut and 1/4 of the layout is pixelated above….all will be revealed soon.

Island Batik September: Accuquilt Challenge
I have an assortment of strips I would like to use, but I am not sure. It is a baby quilt again, with an accuquilt sponsorship, so a I will have a little more information after the arrival of the July ambassador box (new die/s are in it and fabric). So the picture is just a way to identify the project.

Some of my different weight Aurifil threads

Island Batik July Challenge: Use 3 weights of threads
Well, I have been all over the place with this and another idea has just entered my thought process. Because of traveling at the end of the month, this project is coming after the larger August project is nearly done.

Lets Sew QAL: Small project
I will make a small project out of the blocks from the 4 blocks in this segment. I can’t show you these blocks until they are released, so the logo will have to suffice.

Tea Challenge:
Our bee does a challenge every year. This year it is to pick a tea name and make a quilt inspired by that name. I think I have one…so now to get cracking. Don’t want to reveal the tea name just yet so the above is a holding place.

Hope everyone that is participating has a great quarter! I’ll be back on Tuesday with Block 10 for our Sew Along….until then, hope you get to sew!

Coming Up on the Blog:
Sew Let’s QAL Block 10
Rainbow Rectangles
Dream to Reality

Linking Up With:
3rd Q Finish A Long 2019
Main Crush Monday #160
What I Made Monday

1. July 14, 2019 / 8:45 pm

A tea challenge! It always amazes me how creative some people are in picking challenges, can’t wait to see where you go with that one. And the colours in your blog hop quilt, just wow! I’m not in until the November hop, so hopefully I will have more time to enjoy everyone’s quilts than in the past.

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      July 14, 2019 / 9:01 pm

It will be quite the challenge. I am loving these colors in the August challenge and love what I am doing with it…hope they all do. I am going to try a test to see if I quilt around fusible appliqué in a way that I like without doing the pieces individually – there are a lot!

2. July 15, 2019 / 9:25 am

That cloud fabric is too cute!!! A lot of this is a mystery, sew I’ll be watching to see what you post in days to come!

• July 17, 2019 / 8:59 pm

I just thought it was the sweetest thing. I look forward to getting back to this one!

3. July 15, 2019 / 9:34 am

Hi Kathleen! Oh, how darn annoying to have run out of thread right at the end of the project. Sounds like me! Lots of goodness here, and a TEA challenge. That one sounds like lots of fun and I can’t wait to see where you go with it. Same with the thread challenge. – you are always quite creative so I know this will be as well. ~smile~ Roseanne

4. July 15, 2019 / 6:15 pm

Well…you certainly have some fun fabrics to work with as well as some fun projects to finish. Cant wait to see them finished.

• July 17, 2019 / 8:56 pm

I am anxious to see a few of these finished myself!

5. July 16, 2019 / 8:46 am

You’ve got a lot going on! I can’t wait to see some of these mysterious projects…and now I’m brainstorming what kind of tea I would choose. Thanks for linking up to What I Made Monday.

• July 17, 2019 / 8:55 pm

I have looked at a few good names, now to see if one sticks! The example was Oolong and someone did a daschund.

Bluprint Quilting Classes