Little Logo Quilt – A DrEAMi Project

Finally, I finished an unplanned quilt defined by Sandra at mmm! quilts as a DrEAMi moment. You can see her description here of what it means – but it pretty much is summed up as: Drop Everything And Make it! It is celebrated on the last Saturday of the month, so here I am!

I spotted the red/pink/purple/lilac in my stash. They were from a batch of solids I purchased with a gift certificate from Needle&Foot. What a sweet store, I highly recommend it (not affiliated)! I had a friend from the quilt store bring the teals to me and the project was a go!

I made buttonholes on a double layer of the white fabric. I thought this might be a fun way to do stitches. All in all it worked just fine, I forgot about the way it would meet so I needed to add a few. Now I know if I ever do it again to think about that.

I made bias tape with my Clover bias tape maker.

The pieces were cut on my Sizzix Big Shot* and they were so precise! The seams matched perfectly.

It was pillowcased and simply quilted.

I had fun and it is done! Hooray!!!! One more tiny finish for 2018; it brings my total to 27! That is a very good year for me….

Linking up:
DrEAMi @ mmm! quilts
Friday Foto Fun @ PoweredByQuilting
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict

Sizzix Big Shot and Dies

Sizzix 3 1/2″ half square triangleSizzix Big Shot

Kathleen

December 29, 2018 / 11:07 am

It finished at 12” square. I love the way it turned out, maybe a larger one someday.

1. Beth Talmage
    December 29, 2018 / 1:44 am

Buttonholing is a wonderful way to achieve that look! And I completely agree about the excellence of Needle and Foot; I always love to see the good word getting spread.

December 29, 2018 / 11:07 am

I loved the effect of the bias tape/buttonholes. I always hope it helps any business when we talk about them – especially the really terrific ones like Needle and Foot.

2. December 29, 2018 / 9:21 am

Clever use of buttonholes, and a cute logo quilt. You mentioned you were making a DrEAMi quilt, so it’s fun to see it!

December 29, 2018 / 11:06 am

Thanks, Wendy. It was fun to do it and get it done.

3. thedarlingdogwood
    December 29, 2018 / 10:36 am

Love it!!!! It’s your logo, personified! Well, in the flesh. Hmmm, in the cotton? What a great idea!

December 29, 2018 / 11:06 am

You are funny! Personified in cotton is a lovely expression if you ask me.

4. December 29, 2018 / 12:37 pm

Hi Kathleen! Well, well, well . . . I had NO idea where you were going with those buttonholes. Isn’t that just so cute and clever?!! This is just so darn perfect as your logo!! I love and adore it. You can put this on your business card and all over the place. Fabulous! I’m working on a DrEAMi myself today, but I forgot about the link up. I may have to whip up a post! HAHA! Happy New Year! ~smile~ Roseanne

• December 30, 2018 / 11:31 am

I do love the logo and it was so much fun making the block. I hope you get to your DrEAMi project (in fact maybe I saw something come through my mail that I haven’t read yet).

5. JEAN
    December 29, 2018 / 1:31 pm

I am going to go start a DrEAMi!! Thank you!
    -Jean

December 29, 2018 / 1:32 pm

Can’t wait to see it!

6. December 29, 2018 / 7:26 pm

That’s such a clever idea! Congrats on finishing your logo as a mini quilt 🙂

December 30, 2018 / 11:33 am

It was totally a DrEAMi when I stumbled upon those fat quarters hiding in my stash. I do love it and it is fun looking at it in my study!

7. December 29, 2018 / 7:54 pm

I love it! The weaving through the button holes is awesome.

December 30, 2018 / 11:28 am

It was a fun little distraction project and fun to do buttonholes again – its been awhile.

8. December 29, 2018 / 10:53 pm

How cool Kathleen! Your logo quilt is perfect, I love how you used real button holes to thread it.
    Happy New Year to you friend!

December 30, 2018 / 11:25 am

I was surprised when I found that I already had some matching colors in a part of my stash that I hadn’t looked at in awhile. Happy New Year to you too!

9. December 29, 2018 / 11:26 pm

Such a neat idea to recreate your blog logo in fabric! It turned out great! Will you hang it in your studio?

December 30, 2018 / 11:22 am

Thanks, Diann. It is hanging in my studio, and it makes me smile whenever I see it.

December 31, 2018 / 6:36 pm

Thanks, Kathy.

10. January 3, 2019 / 8:47 am

And a cute little squirrel it is! I love the bias tape through the button holes! Congrats on sneaking in one last finish for the year 🙂

January 8, 2019 / 8:25 am

Thank you! For a squirrel it was little but perfect. The tape was fun to do – need to be a little more accurate on the positioning – but that will come next time (and I am sure there will be a next time.

11. January 3, 2019 / 12:50 pm

I just love this! I am still working on coming up with a logo; have been on Logojoy which is a great site, just need to grab some time and sit down and DECIDE! ha! This is a great idea to do FOR a logo too, lovely finish and thanks for linking up with DrEAMi!

January 8, 2019 / 8:24 am

So hope you find and settle something. I did have a graphic designer do mine which is nice as you get everything you need…including the color #s. I think you can find them on logojoy – it helps as you can coordinate your other printed/electronic things with it. You probably already know this. If not and need help, let me know.

12. January 26, 2019 / 10:35 am

I missed this post when it came up a few weeks ago. I LOVE this interpretation of your logo. What a fantastic idea. The buttonholes are so cool – an idea to tuck in the back of my mind for ‘someday’…. A while ago, Vistaprint sent me a tshirt with my logo on it. The tshirt is huge tho and not one I will ever wear. I had thought about cutting the logo out of it and making some sort of mini with it. This is giving me a push to do so! It would be fun to hang downstairs in my shop.
    Thanks so much for sharing my shop with your readers. I always appreciate that!