#2019PlanningParty & #2018PlanningReview

#2019PlanningParty

Every year end, Yvonne Fuchs  at QuiltingJetGirl hosts a linky party to help us focus on goals for the year.  I so appreciate this; it really does help you hone in on what is important and what you want to accomplish.  Before I get to that, however, I will review by 2018 goals.

2018 Summary:

My goals for 2018 were outlined here.  I loved 2018 as I did a few things I didn’t plan on and I think that my blog really went through a year of growth – more entries and more engagement.  Without further ado, here is my review of my 2018 accomplishments and  misses.

Instagram Top 9

Accomplishments

• I became an Island Batik Ambassador, which I applied for but didn’t think it would happen.  It has been great fun meeting new people in the industry and in the blogsphere through this program.  The sponsors – Island Batik, Aurifil and Hobbs – have all been so generous.  Thank you for this opportunity and the challenges we met as ambassadors. I met every deadline!
  • I finished over 24 projects.  This including planning quilts that I wanted to make AND making some quilts to donate.
  • Electric Quilt 8 became my friend – I use it all the time with my Island Batik projects and other quilt projects. I am enrolled in TechKnowQuilters, run by Kari Schell @ On Point Quilter. I do lessons a few times a week and it really has helped with my ability to use the program.
  • I moved my blog to a new platform WordPress, hosted by SiteGround.
  • I also had a logo designed for me and set up a store to sell patterns & quilts (not running yet but soon).
  • I wrote over 88 blog entries; up from 50 in 2017. You can see some of my favorites here.
  • My husband and I did have some adventures! There should be more and we should be more intentional about this.
  • I designed a block for our Partners in Design QAL. There will be one next year so join up on the facebook page and watch for announcements in late winter.

Misses:

• #APQ UFO Resolution 2018  – 9 out of 12 done – 3 hard ones left
  • Write one pattern with North Star Block – not done
  • Write one pattern with block from Fall QAL – not done
North Star Block

2019 Focus:

Smaller, measurable goals:

• Blog regularly – 2-3 times per week.
  • Design at least 6 quilts.
  • Write 6 patterns.
  • Write more tutorials.
  • Finish more UFOs; aim for 1/month. List needs review and editing – that will happen the 1st week in January.
2018 Colors

Larger, overall goals:

• Pursue adventures with my husband.
  • Discover whether I want to pursue teaching again.
  • Determine whether my quilting has a business aspect.

I think that I want to choose a word for this year and my word is INTENTIONAL. Be intentional about eating, exercising, quilting, designing, playing and loving. I think that sounds like a great year to come.

Happy New Year!

Kathleen

1. December 30, 2018 / 9:01 pm

Kathleen you had a great year. So many projects and behind the scenes happenings. Looking forward wo seeing your 2019

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      December 31, 2018 / 6:36 pm

Thanks, Jan. Looking forward to seeing your projects too and hope that the house is finished soon so you can get back to sewing with gusto!

2. December 30, 2018 / 11:15 pm

Intentional has such a grounding feeling to it, I hope that it really helps you focus next year. I wish you a lot of quilting and creative joy, and thank you for sharing and linking up with the Planning Party!

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      December 31, 2018 / 6:38 pm

I am liking having this word for my year. Wishing you a terrific year with lots of creativity and quilting. Also, a big thank you for all the linky parties you conduct!

3. December 31, 2018 / 1:26 am

Great goals. I’d like to know more on how you set up your pattern shop on your blog. Now that Craftsy has closed my shop I need to find an alternative that isn’t expensive. After all this is my hobby.

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      December 31, 2018 / 6:42 pm

Thanks, Karen. Once I figure it really out, I’ll let you know. Tried to get back to the original and I couldn’t so I have a little work to do. I’ll let you know if it works!

4. Laurel A Bandi
    December 31, 2018 / 7:19 am

Great summary of your year…. I love seeing what you work on and hearing about what you learn!!!

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      December 31, 2018 / 6:43 pm

Thanks, Laurel. I love sharing what trouble I am getting into!

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      December 31, 2018 / 6:44 pm

Thanks, Nancy. An intentional 2019 it will be!

5. December 31, 2018 / 7:48 am

You have definitely had a great year, and it will be fun to follow you through this year! I need to get more studying done on EQ8, so that should be a goal for me this year. Intentional is a good word for 2019!

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      December 31, 2018 / 6:49 pm

It had been fun sharing this year with all my blogging friends. I recommend the EQ8 lessons that are mailed in their newsletters, Kari Schell’s newsletter always has some free stuff, and Bea Quilter has a tab with all her lessons. They have all helped me! Look forward to seeing your year, too!

6. thedarlingdogwood
    January 1, 2019 / 1:59 pm

Intentional: Great word! Happy 2019!

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      January 8, 2019 / 8:21 am

The car ferry looks like it today! Its a lovely gentle snow which is my favorite. It has been great for getting a lot of sewing down as I am not the outdoorsy kind of gal. It is funny how my breathing changes just getting on the ferry – even on overly crowded summer days.