The Fireworks Mystery Quilt – Done

(This was originally published on 11/27/18 – republished today)

I love the way this quilt turned out!  Tish’NWonderland sponsored this little QAL. The pace was fun and easy. The slide show, below, shows you the progress of the QAL. A final reveal will happen on January 1 – I think.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I wanted the quilting to be easy, fast and emphasize the action in the pattern. I did some in the ditch before I settle on this. I didn’t start every arc in the center, but sort of moved around in the very center block. I also filled in as I went. So I did a few at a time and added more as I needed to. It was a very fast and forgiving way to quilt this.

This quilt was part of two of my finishing goals – OMG (goal is set here)and 4th Quarter FAL (goal set here).

Blues Bursting Forth
Pattern: Fireburst Mystery
Designer: Tish Stemple
36″ x 36″
Machine Pieced and Quilted Janome 3160DC
Auriful #1147 for quilting, #2312 for piecing

Here’s the Schedule for the Virtual Cookie Exchange that begins today!

November 27 November 28 November 29

Just Let Me Quilt

Linking up:  Elm Street Quilts: One Monthly Goal
Sew Fresh Quilts:   Lets Bee Social
The Inquiring Quilter:  Wednesday Wait Loss

4th Quarter FAL

1. November 27, 2018 / 10:40 am

I really like how your quilting helps emphasize the motion of the piecing. Congratulations on a lovely finish! Do you have plans for the quilt?

2. November 27, 2018 / 11:45 am

Hi Kathleen! Oh man, I love how you quilted Fireburst. The movement is just perfect!! That reminds me of a fireworks quilt I saw this summer in Bar Harbor, Maine. Maybe I’ll give that quilting pattern a shot. Hmmm. Am I that brave?!! Sure, why not! LOVE this. ~smile~ Roseanne

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      November 27, 2018 / 11:47 am

You can do it! It is easy…and I didn’t do the same spot everytime – you can see it on the back – and I did do different threads so you see a little of the green on the white. You will love it.

3. November 27, 2018 / 1:00 pm

I have loved your fabrics from day one, but your quilting takes it over the top! I love the movement this simple motif gave this quilt! Congrats on your finish!

4. November 27, 2018 / 2:20 pm

Love the quilt and your quilting! Your slideshow is a great way to document.

5. thedarlingdogwood
    November 27, 2018 / 6:59 pm

Wow, this quilting looks fantastic with the Fireburst pattern! Love it! It really does look like a firework bursting. Lovely quilt.

6. Patty
    November 28, 2018 / 7:54 am

Love the way you quilted this! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

7. November 28, 2018 / 4:05 pm

I love how that turned out ! Your quilting is just perfect for it!!

8. November 30, 2018 / 9:36 am

Oh, I love that design! Can I try that? Did you mark the curves? This is so cool!

9. November 30, 2018 / 1:52 pm

Oh, I love your quilt and how you have it quilted!

10. November 30, 2018 / 4:29 pm

It looks super! Love those radiating curved lines, very dynamic and fireburst-y 🙂

11. inquiringquilter
    December 4, 2018 / 7:39 pm

You chose such wonderful colors for your Fireworks Mystery. The quilting compliments it perfectly. Congrats on another finish! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.