The Fireworks Mystery Quilt – Done

(This was originally published on 11/27/18 – republished today)

I love the way this quilt turned out!  Tish’NWonderland sponsored this little QAL. The pace was fun and easy. The slide show, below, shows you the progress of the QAL. A final reveal will happen on January 1 – I think.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I wanted the quilting to be easy, fast and emphasize the action in the pattern. I did some in the ditch before I settle on this. I didn’t start every arc in the center, but sort of moved around in the very center block. I also filled in as I went. So I did a few at a time and added more as I needed to. It was a very fast and forgiving way to quilt this.

This quilt was part of two of my finishing goals – OMG (goal is set here)and 4th Quarter FAL (goal set here).

Blues Bursting Forth
Pattern: Fireburst Mystery
Designer: Tish Stemple
36″ x 36″
Machine Pieced and Quilted Janome 3160DC
Auriful #1147 for quilting, #2312 for piecing

Here’s the Schedule for the Virtual Cookie Exchange that begins today!

November 27 November 28 November 29
Kwilty Pleasures Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats Songbird Designs Creative Latitude Ms P Designs USA Gray Barn Designs Alycia Quilts Happy Cottage Quilter Sew Many Yarns For The Love Of Geese Creatin’ in the Sticks Vroomans Quilts It’s A T-Sweet Day! Domestic Felicity That Fabric Feeling Home Sewn By Us Karrin’s Crazy World Adventurous Applique and Quilting Bumbleberry Style Melva Loves Scraps Beaquilter MooseStashQuilting Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life Kathleen McMusing DesertSky Quilting Life in the Scrapatch Ridge Top Quilt Cynthia’s Creating Ark Bejeweled Quilts by Barb Pumpkin Patch Patterns & Quilting Operation Domestic Goddess Just Let Me Quilt

Linking up:  Elm Street Quilts: One Monthly Goal
Sew Fresh Quilts:   Lets Bee Social
The Inquiring Quilter:  Wednesday Wait Loss
She Can Quilt:  Q4FAL2018

Kathleen

1. November 27, 2018 / 10:40 am

I really like how your quilting helps emphasize the motion of the piecing. Congratulations on a lovely finish! Do you have plans for the quilt?

2. November 27, 2018 / 11:45 am

Hi Kathleen! Oh man, I love how you quilted Fireburst. The movement is just perfect!! That reminds me of a fireworks quilt I saw this summer in Bar Harbor, Maine. Maybe I’ll give that quilting pattern a shot. Hmmm. Am I that brave?!! Sure, why not! LOVE this. ~smile~ Roseanne

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      November 27, 2018 / 11:47 am

You can do it! It is easy…and I didn’t do the same spot everytime – you can see it on the back – and I did do different threads so you see a little of the green on the white. You will love it.

3. November 27, 2018 / 1:00 pm

I have loved your fabrics from day one, but your quilting takes it over the top! I love the movement this simple motif gave this quilt! Congrats on your finish!

4. November 27, 2018 / 2:20 pm

Love the quilt and your quilting! Your slideshow is a great way to document.

5. thedarlingdogwood
    November 27, 2018 / 6:59 pm

Wow, this quilting looks fantastic with the Fireburst pattern! Love it! It really does look like a firework bursting. Lovely quilt.

6. Patty
    November 28, 2018 / 7:54 am

Love the way you quilted this! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

7. November 28, 2018 / 4:05 pm

I love how that turned out ! Your quilting is just perfect for it!!

8. November 30, 2018 / 9:36 am

Oh, I love that design! Can I try that? Did you mark the curves? This is so cool!

9. November 30, 2018 / 1:52 pm

Oh, I love your quilt and how you have it quilted!

10. November 30, 2018 / 4:29 pm

It looks super! Love those radiating curved lines, very dynamic and fireburst-y 🙂

11. inquiringquilter
    December 4, 2018 / 7:39 pm

You chose such wonderful colors for your Fireworks Mystery. The quilting compliments it perfectly. Congrats on another finish! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

12. January 22, 2019 / 5:27 am

I love the colours of this one, and the quilting sets it off brilliantly! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts!

• January 22, 2019 / 11:03 am

I did have a great time making them, and like you, they always make me want to make a quilt with them.