Some things to look forward to this week

First,  will I finish my OMG???  Monday and Tuesday are the windows for getting it done!

Second, there will be some work behind the scenes. I will be working on plans for two quilts for my Island Batik Ambassador program. One is our December project – Whimsical and Wonky AND January is debut of our versions of the new fabrics for spring.

Third, a little reveal of a new to me box – The Fat Quarter Shop Jolly Box.  Spoiler Alert…Do not look if you are keeping it a surprise.

And, maybe the best is last…there’s a calorie free blog hop coming up!  Its sponsored by Just let me quilt. Here are the details.  I will have a little giveaway, just have to decide on what, so stay tuned on 11/29! And a little project…I should get moving on that right now.

PS. I am tickled pink! I was a second place winner in the tutorial section of the annual Festival of Tips and Tutorials. I thank Cheryl of Meadow Mists Designs and Yvonne of Quilting Jetgirl for their support hosting this Festival. Check out the winners and below is an image of the goodies I won. I am so grateful to all those who voted and to the vendors who support this Festival!

Happy Monday!

Linking up:

Quilting Jetgirl:  Tips and Tutorial Festival
Cooking Up Quilts:  Main Crush Monday

1. November 25, 2018 / 11:17 pm

I hope your OMG and other projects come together with joy and ease. 🙂

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      November 25, 2018 / 11:21 pm

Thanks, Yvonne. I hope so to.

2. November 26, 2018 / 11:23 am

Your OMG is so fun — as are the wonky houses. Glad you mention the OMG I still have a little sewing to finish mine! Yikes, time to get with it.

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      November 26, 2018 / 11:13 pm

Good luck with your OMG! It is always so nice to finish them. I wish those houses were mine – I still have to come up with a project – but they are darn cute aren’t they!

3. November 26, 2018 / 11:41 am

Hi Kathleen! Congrats to you on winning with your tip!!! Woot woot. Lots of nice prizes from all the wonderful sponsors. I hear great things about the Endurance rotary cutter. I am SO looking forward to seeing how you quilt Fireburst. That is up soon for me and I need some motivation. And those wonky houses look so darn CUTE! Lots of fun in this post. Happy Happy Monday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      November 26, 2018 / 11:16 pm

I am stuck in shock and yes there are some wonderful things. I am anxious to try that endurance blade! Fireburst is posting tomorrow – yippee!

4. November 26, 2018 / 2:17 pm

Congratulations on your win! It’s always fun to receive gifts or prizes. Your OMG is so pretty. I hope you make your goal.

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      November 26, 2018 / 11:12 pm

Thank you, Marti. I think I will make the deadline…I only have a little bit.

5. November 26, 2018 / 3:54 pm

Kathleen I can hardly wait to see you wonkies! That Jolly Box fabric is so me. Why didn’t I order one? Congratulations again on the win, the winnings will be fun to play with.

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      November 26, 2018 / 11:11 pm

That fabric is quite fun. I like the little project I came up with for the Cookie Exchange with it…you’ll see it Thursday.

6. thedarlingdogwood
    November 26, 2018 / 8:38 pm

Congrats on your winning tutorial! Your jolly box goodies look fun and festive. I love your Fireburst fabrics, can’t wait to see it and your wonky Island Batik project!

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      November 26, 2018 / 11:06 pm

Thank you. It was a real thrill to win. I’m still stuck on my Wonky project but something will click!

7. November 26, 2018 / 10:28 pm

How awesome is it that two of us winners are IB ambassadors! Congrats to you:)

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      November 26, 2018 / 11:11 pm

It totally is! But I think we are 3. Jennifer Strauser too Dizzy quilter! Congrats to you too! I still need to check yours out but I will get there!

Oliso Mini Iron