It is hard to believe that fall is in swing! It was less than a month ago we had the autumnal equinox, and, at least in this hemisphere we are rapidly losing sun light (just about 11 hours now). Its a good thing we quilters know how to keep the sun in our lives – by quilting madly! The leaf above I did a few years ago, and I still think it is so evocative of fall.
The QAL is rapidly coming to a close. In case you have forgotten, here’s whats going on. Today, Tuesday, October 16 is the release of the final block and the setting options! If you don’t know where you can find the information, we are on facebook. You need to join (answer a few questions) and then you can have access to the patterns. So, if you are late to the game, you could still do Block 12 and make the quilt if you are super ambitious.
For me, I have to say that it is so exciting to see the designers and hosts hard work come to fruition. As a designer, I love watching how different my blocks can look in different fabrics and settings.
I designed the acorn block and did it two ways! I love so many things about all the blocks that I am seeing. It also reminds me I still haven’t done anything with mine. I am thinking a table runner, but we will see.
The above is the prize for Block 12. The deadline to enter is Monday, October 29th by 11:59 pm EST. You should link your completed block to the designers page, post it on our facebook page or on instagram with #fallintoaqal. The prize inclueds Two Dritz sewing notions: Seam Fix Double-Side Seam Ripper and Heat Erase Marking Pens (5 pack). You also receive a PDF pattern of your choice by Vanda Chittenden.
Our talented hosts for this month are:
Abbie at Sparkle On
April at JANDA Bend Quilts
Bobbi at Snowy Days Quilting
Jennifer at The Inquiring Quilter
Karen at Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats
Sherry at Powered by Quilting
Vanda at Quilting With Vanda
Likewise, here is the Grand Prize! Look at those luscious fall colors in that batik bundle. The whole bundle is worth over $200. WOW.
- An Island Batik 24 “Pumpkin Patch” Fat Eighth Bundle.
- One Warm Company Queen Size Batting.
- Exclusive Shabby Fabric quilt pattern “Blessings of Spring” designed by Jennifer Bosworth. The pattern set includes patterns for all 9 blocks to finish to 56″ x 62″.
- An Omnigrid Zipper Pouch containing an Omnigrid 4” square ruler and a pair of 4-Inch Needlecraft Scissors.*Onmigrid is a Dritz company*
- A six month subscription to the e-magazine Make Modern.
- You must post a photo of your completed quilt top.
- It mush include all 12 of the designers blocks.
- It must be posted by Monday, November 12th at 11:59pm EST.
The Grand prize winner will be announced on November 13th on our Facebook page and on Instagram (#fallintoaqal). If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
Disclaimer: *Links with asterisk indicate an affiliate link. Your price is not any different, but a small percentage of the sale will go to supporting my blog.