World UFO Day – Identifying Quilting UFOs

Apparently, today is yesterday was World UFO Day. It is also time to declare my goal for this month.  Yes, I do still have UFOs. This list is from the beginning of the year, when I committed to the APQ Challenge.  It is getting smaller.   I have a couple of tough ones coming up, so declaring them on the to do list is a little frightening.

2018_ufo_challenge_june

For June, my one monthly goal will be finishing this string quilt.  It is a benefit quilt, and it just needs to have a binding selected, and made.   I am grateful to my friend, Chris, who quilted it for me.  So, I think there is no excuse and I can get it done!!

IMG_4237

Linking up:

Elm Street Quilts:  One Monthly Goal
Clever Chameleon: Chameleon Colour Party
Inquiring Quilter: Wednesday Wait Loss

1. July 3, 2018 / 7:27 pm

That’s a neat piece! Where will you donate it? So many fun fabrics 🙂

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      July 3, 2018 / 7:29 pm

Thanks, Louise. It is going to our guild’s benefit quilt group. I will tell its story a little later, when it gets its own entry….but it was born from a pile of scraps on a spring fling weekend!

2. July 4, 2018 / 6:37 am

The fabrics in this quilt are wonderful. I love the stripes that go across the quilt.

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      July 4, 2018 / 4:20 pm

I love the way it worked out. I believe I notice a humility block (an unintended mistake), that I forgot about. It is an easy one to do with scrap strips.

3. July 4, 2018 / 4:24 pm

Such a fun quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      July 4, 2018 / 4:28 pm

Thank you, Patty! Fun to be a part of your site and the energy you bring to it.

4. July 4, 2018 / 10:37 pm

It looks like you’re making good progress on your UFOs! String quilts are always so much fun.

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      July 4, 2018 / 10:50 pm

The list is going down – and I am on my 3rd year of doing this. I have a couple of harder ones this year, so I’m a little frightened but I’ll keep going. This quilt has a pretty good story to be told.

5. July 5, 2018 / 9:44 am

You can do it!! that is a great quilt! love how the string colors make a cool design!

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      July 5, 2018 / 10:04 am

Thanks, Alycia! I love the way it turned out. That one constant row allows you to do so much with the string quilts.

6. inquiringquilter
    July 5, 2018 / 12:43 pm

Wonderful quilt! String quilt are so useful for using up scraps. You can get this one done I’m sure. To make it even faster, you might machine bind it. Either way, I rejoice when I get this far on a project because I know I’m almost done. Thanks for sharing this on Wednesday Wait Loss!

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      July 10, 2018 / 12:52 pm

I am doing my Snoopy happy dance to show you how I am rejoicing! And, you are right, I can do it – I am just not near it until the 18th. Now, on to the real projects…Island Batik awaits!

7. July 5, 2018 / 1:41 pm

I didn’t know there was a UFO day! Made me chuckle! You’ve gotten a lot done this year. Your rainbow quilt is so colorful and so close!

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      July 10, 2018 / 12:56 pm

Yup, UFO day of the extraterrestrial kind, but I adopted it. It is close and it will be easier to finish when I am closer to it….but it won’t be long!

8. July 9, 2018 / 7:10 am

Thanks for sharing this on Clever Chameleon. I love it, humility block and all. You are making great progress on your UFOs. I’m impressed and just maybe a little envious. 🙂

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      July 10, 2018 / 12:55 pm

Well, the good news is you don’t have over 20 years of stuff! I am getting there, but on year 3 of the project and I still have a few more – but some are only fabric collections – maybe they don’t count.