July Island Batik Ambassador Box!

7D8Mq59CQDGeTmB%TCjweQ.jpg

July 2018 Ambassador Box

All items in this box were given to me by Island Batik and their partners, Hobbs and Aurifil. The squeals of delight are my own….

My Island Batik Ambassador box arrived on July 10th.  Unfortunately, I just opened it and recorded the video this week – we were in Maine and it was killing me knowing it was here!   I know you have seen much of what we have received but everyone’s box is different.  Here is a link to my video (first one ever)…and it too has delayed my posting about the box.

And for those of who you want the brief version, here is a slideshow of the items, in smaller groups.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

That secret box is a tease, so if you want to see what the collection was from the first box, you can see it here.  It will be making its first appearance on my site soon – it is called Sweet Tweets and I do adore the little birds, dragonflies and flowers.  The rain drop fabric is also a real treat.  Here is a photo I took of the collection.

O0M+hwZkR52%W7xqDWI5jA

I hope you enjoyed the show!  It really is an honor to be an ambassador – we are treated very well by Island Batik, Hobbs and Aurifil.

And here are the other ambassadors in case you haven’t run into them before!

Linking up:

1. Quilting Tangent
    July 21, 2018 / 2:14 pm

Enjoy your new box of goodies.

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      July 21, 2018 / 10:58 pm

I most certainly will!

2. July 21, 2018 / 9:25 pm

Oh boy, some good stuff in that box! Good to see you on the video!

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      July 21, 2018 / 10:38 pm

Thank you! It was not so easy to do but I figured it out. I was planning projects in my head on the way to MN.

3. July 22, 2018 / 12:44 am

Congratulations Kathleen on your first video! I loved watching you open your Island Batik box and seeing you “in person!”

• July 22, 2018 / 11:50 am

Thanks, Abbie! It took some time to figure out, but it was fun. Gotta keep learning new things.

4. July 22, 2018 / 8:10 am

I didn’t know everyone’s boxes are different, Kathleen. Interesting! Loved the video. Your studio is wonderful. Fun animal prints. That layer cake–wow! Both of them! (Your hair looks great!) That was a fun video. Thanks!

• July 22, 2018 / 11:48 am

Oh yes, there is some variety among the boxes….some get the layer cake and some get a strip set. It is quite fun to see what is different. The check it out fabric I love – made a dress in a blue and white a long time ago that these remind me of. Thanks for watching the video – getting it set up is a challenge I think I figured out. It really requires a few things I don’t have but I love teaching and miss it so am trying to think of things I could do….

5. July 22, 2018 / 9:27 am

What a haul! Some really lovely fabrics in there. I especially love all the different purples you received. And so nice to see your face and hear your voice, Kathleen! 🙂

• July 22, 2018 / 11:45 am

Thanks, Louise, it was fun to do. My mind is going crazy trying to figure it out. I know all the ambassadors have a giveaway in August so keep your eyes out (although my date is Sept. 3).

6. Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts
    July 23, 2018 / 7:40 pm

I bet it is so exciting to receive those boxes full of so many yummy things to play with! I’m looking forward to seeing what you create with your box. 🙂 Thanks for sharing your unboxing on Main Crush Monday!

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      July 24, 2018 / 9:38 pm

Thank you, Beth. It is so exciting to get these boxes – I miss fabric deliveries from when I worked at a quilt store so this seems to be helping out in that regard!

7. July 27, 2018 / 5:40 pm

What wonderful fabrics, you must have had such a fun time opening the box and seeing all of the different goodies. I can’t wait to see what you make with them!

• kathleenquilts
      Author
      July 28, 2018 / 9:39 pm

It really is like Christmas; then the reality sets in – what the heck am I going to make?? I am truly enjoying it as it is forcing me to do what I wanted – think about designs for quilts.