OMG for February and other activities!

One Monthly Goal:  Fancy Forrest #2
This quilt needs only some quilting and some binding, I think, as it has been awhile since I looked at it.  I was thinking it might be the loon, but as our time in Maine is less this month, due to work obligations, I am committing to getting this one done.  I made another version two years ago (you can read about it here).  I had quite a bit of fabric left, almost enough to make this one, and decided to do the thistles with purple and the lightning bug with a yellow bum.  I love this quilt and think I know who might be getting it!

Squiggles

This quilt is nearly done.  HA HA.  I always say this when it looks like this.  Really, it just needs a little border, some sandwiching and quilting and binding.  I am keeping up with the group so far, let’s see if backing and sandwiching can happen this week!  This quilt will go to our guild’s benefit quilt group.  First benefit quilt of the year (for me)!

#30QuiltDesignsChallenge

Well, my internet friend Sandra is egging me on again.  I am doing this at my pace, don’t think I’ll get 30 but I do think it will help me get my design mojo going.  I used Quiltology on my Ipad and it  took nearly no time to do it.  I am intrigued by the uploading of fabric and the quick way this worked.  I may draw some too or use EQ8, but for now I at least have one done.  Mostly the reason I want to do this is the next story…..

Island Batik Ambassador

Yes, I am an Island Batik Ambassador for 2018.

On Monday 22 lbs of fabric was shipped to me! Friday it is supposed to be delivered.   I get to work on projects for and with about 40 other ambassadors from all over this country and a few international quilters.  I have always wanted to design quilts and so, I will try to do a few for the bigger challenges…a lot of things coming together at once.  First up is Galentine’s Day, February 13 and MiniLove during this month, too.  Keep your eyes open!!!

And one more thing.  I am looking at increasing my machine quilting skills and noticed a lot of classes are on sale at Craftsy (affiliate link – I make a little money if you sign up).  Browse along with me; some of Angela Walters classes are really calling my name!

Linking up with:  One Monthly Goal

Sewing time this week:

Wednesday afternoon/evening

Thursday afternoon/evening

Friday morning

Saturday afternoon

1. piecefulwendy
    February 8, 2018 / 12:35 pm

You've been busy! I'm really dragging on Squiggles. I finally got the blocks done and now I need to play with layout and get them sewn together. I may have to drag out my husband's old iPad and see if I can load that app. I'm enjoying drawing out designs, though, and it's fun to see what others are creating too. I really like that design of yours, hope you make it into a quilt! Have fun with IB! Can't wait to see what you create!

February 9, 2018 / 3:26 am

Out of necessity, Wendy, I am being busy. I have one OMG to finish, Squiggles and the Isalnd Batik project sAND a work project the last two weeks – so I am trying to keep it all moving! I am glad you got the blocks done and the laying out is fun. I decided not to worry it too much as mine will be a donation quilt. I am trying a few products for the designing and did another one, so it is a fun way for me to do a little. Thanks for the IB wishes, I will need all the cheerleaders in the background – I am sure.

2. Patty
    February 8, 2018 / 1:12 pm

Love the fancy forest blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

February 9, 2018 / 2:57 am

Thank you for running it! It is so much fun to have these things to push us!

3. 9658 Textiles
    February 8, 2018 / 3:18 pm

I agree! you are almost there! just to choose some backings and batting and get basting! I like that process of the quilt too. It lets me shift gears for a bit if my creativity inst full force. you cant really go to wrong with backings and bindings! It will feel so good to have these done! woot woot you got this.

February 9, 2018 / 2:55 am

Thank you! In fact, I have made the backing and pieced the batting – so tomorrow I hope to have it sandwiched.

February 8, 2018 / 3:57 pm

How many yards is 22 pounds of fabric??? I'll be interested to hear! Good luck! You have achievable goals for this month and you can do it!

February 9, 2018 / 2:53 am

I keep thinking its the weight of some two year olds! It has got to be like 10 yards! or more.

5. Cheryl
    February 11, 2018 / 2:58 pm

Great progress! I am so excited to see what goodies you got from being an ambassador!

February 12, 2018 / 1:32 am

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Cheryl!