OMG – January – Tablerunner

I thought I would commit to One Monthly Goal this month.  I have a UFO that I have done a little work on – a tablerunner.

It is pattern called Modified Trees by Eva Page Quilt Designs.  Beth Helfter spoke at our guild and I thought the pattern would be a fun one for a boutique or gift for a friend.  I made it and got stuck on wanting to do the border.  2 nights ago, I decided to forgo the entire border, but only add some ground for the trees.

This picture is only half the tablerunner.   There is also a star between the two trees, and I am thinking of a ribbon to do that or fancy stitching – but have to look and see what might work.  The colors I choose are a little bright, but I think I will like it.

This will be the back and binding.  It is a fabric that was in my stash but it quite fun with the trees.  I  have an idea for quilting – we’ll see if its as brilliant as I think – or whether I can do it.  Wish me luck.

Linking up with:  One Monthly Goal

1. piecefulwendy
    January 7, 2018 / 12:42 pm

Oh, it will be fun to see this finished! Here's to tackling those UFOs!

January 7, 2018 / 12:54 pm

Indeed! I am a little afraid that with the IB ambassador I won’t get as much out but I am determined that after the consulting gig slows down in March that I will be super-focused. Picking doable ones for these two months. You, too, are cranking them out!!!

2. Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl
    January 7, 2018 / 3:32 pm

I hope that OMG is a great way to help you focus on what you want to work on in the year. It will be great to see this turned into a finish!

January 8, 2018 / 11:39 pm

Thanks, Yvonne. I do think OMG may work, and, I was glad to have figured out what was bothering me and a way to fix it!

3. somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com
    January 7, 2018 / 5:02 pm

This is going to be very pretty. I clicked the link to see the pattern and I do like it with the stronger colors. It would make a neat wall hanging if only one tree was made. I could see making this in wool. Thanks for sharing and you go girl! 🙂

January 8, 2018 / 11:36 pm

Thanks, Rose. Yes it could be a single or made in wool. Like so many things the sky is the limit. I didn’t like how the edges looked for me so I am happy with my redesign. Some stuff just doesn’t;t work in our heads.

4. Emily
    January 7, 2018 / 7:18 pm

I really like how it looks so far. I'm interested to see where you with it from here. Good luck!

January 8, 2018 / 11:37 pm

Thanks, Emily. There are a few bits that may challenge me – the quilting I'd like to do and the embellishment with the ribbon.

5. Louise
    January 8, 2018 / 9:54 pm

Very cool, mod trees! Is it raw edge applique?

January 8, 2018 / 11:34 pm

Yes, it is. I intend to machine appliqué the trees, then do some quilting, which I hope will embellish the quilt. Wish me luck!

6. Cheryl
    January 10, 2018 / 1:56 am

The tree pattern is very interesting, I think that it going to be an awesome quilt.