Friday quilting

I did a little quilting this week.  I finished a pillow of scraps for an animal shelter.  This was a project I heard about theough The Inquiring Quilter and started the bag.   I love that it really is useless pieces of batting, fabric, etc, and some kitty will love it.  I have a bag of extra towels to go with it, probably not until after the first of the year, but it is done!

I am working on two sew together bags.  I follow the instructions on The Quilt Barn’s Quilt Along; they are so much better than the original pattern.

Don’t you love these sweet fabrics.  I believe they are Heather Ross and have the Owl and the Pussycat, the moon and the flowers.   I bought them awhile ago and am so pleased at how they look.  I could almost finish today, but I am short a zipper pull for my long zipper – for bags I have been using this spool of Make a Zipper by Sullivan’s.

Here they are awaiting the final zipper and binding!

Linking up to:  Friday Foto Fun

1. Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl
    December 16, 2017 / 8:17 pm

What a sweet and thoughtful thing to make for a shelter. The sew together bags are looking great. I hope you have a lovely weekend!

December 17, 2017 / 2:17 pm

Thank you, Yvonne. Hope your weekend is terrific!

2. somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com
    December 16, 2017 / 10:54 pm

I don't what it is about Heather Ross fabrics that I seem to miss the boat when it comes to buying it. I love this fabric as well as the goldfish fabrics. I've put myself on the list to buy her next two collections. I love your sew together bags; I have no patience for following directions–ask my hubby. I've also make pillows from scraps for my dogs too; it really is a great way to use up for tiny bits which you hate to throw away.

December 17, 2017 / 2:18 pm

Rose, this is fun fabric. I am afraid I’ll be missing the boat a bit more since I am not working in the quilt store! Have to keep a closer eye on things in online stores, although I do really like to see them in person.

3. Louise
    December 17, 2017 / 3:26 am

Your bags look super! Thanks for the link to the better instructions. I need a lot of hand-holding when it comes to sewing up three dimensional things like bags.

December 17, 2017 / 2:18 pm

You are welcome, Louise. It is not an easy pattern to follow. I printed all the pages from the QAL and have referred to them numerous times!

4. Sherry @Powered by Quilting
    December 20, 2017 / 4:17 pm

WOW the bags look great!!! I still need to make one for myself. I think I'm still a little apprehensive to start, but I'm definitely checking out the Quilt Barn's Quilt along! Hope you are setting in your new place!

December 22, 2017 / 1:19 am

Thank you, and yes, I am settling in. Christmas seems to be getting in the way, but not too much. We’re traveling so I won’t get back to them until Wednesday next week, but I should finish before year end!!!!

5. Cheryl
    December 22, 2017 / 1:00 am

Your sew together bags look great. That pattern has been on my list for a while, I just have not been brave enough to tackle it yet.

December 22, 2017 / 1:18 am

Cheryl, it’s the second group I did and it is not the easiest bag. Do use the instructions on the quilt along I mentioned; the pattern is nearly impossible to follow.