A hat for a boy who wears red….

My son is a rabid red sox fan, and while it is a stretch to call him a boy, he is my boy!  I started this last year and finished it last night.  He should have it – the weather here is frightful – but it will be early next week before he sees it.  The pattern is “Man Hat” by Ashley Haven, available on Ravelry.

I love the way this is so cozy and can be turned up if a little oversized or gets stretchy.  For years, he had a red sox hat, but that went missing.  I made two for his father, similar, but in blue.  Can’t wait to see him in it!

Linking up to:  Friday Foto Fun and Crazy Mom Quilts

1. Cheryl
    December 30, 2017 / 3:01 am

That looks like such a warm and cozy hat! Your son is very lucky to receive this.

December 30, 2017 / 4:18 pm

I’m sure he’ll love it. A tiny bit guilty I won’t get it to him until next week, but it’s a bit harder when we are not under the same roof.

2. Christine S
    December 30, 2017 / 3:11 am

Love this!

December 30, 2017 / 4:19 pm

Thank you! I realized I should put the pattern name in and will do that in case anyone wants to get it.

3. Judy Biggerstaff
    December 30, 2017 / 4:47 am

Great little hat and my grandson loves red too.

December 30, 2017 / 4:17 pm

Thank you! He hardly wears anything of real color, but red for the Red Sox is always good with him. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, always appreciated.

4. piecefulwendy
    December 30, 2017 / 1:21 pm

I think it's a great replacement for the one that went missing. I'm sure he'll be very happy with it! Hope you are staying warm and enjoying some sewing time!

5. Kathleen
    December 30, 2017 / 4:27 pm

Thanks, Wendy. About to finish up my sew together bags and work a little more on my loon. With a little determination both can be done before Jan 1. I don’t think I can do the loon in a day but maybe if its a really good day! Staying warm by the fire is a must, house doesn’t really like the weather quite this cold, although we have done oodles of insulating in Maine. One faucet still being stubborn! Fortunately we put two in the kitchen….

6. Sherry @PoweredbyQuilting
    December 30, 2017 / 7:16 pm

Cool hat!!! I wish I remembered how to knit since I own a ton of different knitting needles. I still crochet here and there though. My quilting habit seems to have overtaken my yarn habits. 😛

January 1, 2018 / 3:48 pm

I know you could figure it out if you wanted to! With all the videos it is pretty easy. The one thing I haven’t been able to do is socks – I made one too small and one too large. Someday….

December 30, 2017 / 8:47 pm

Nice! It's been absolutely freezing here, too. My daughter is knitting many hats for a charity that fights human trafficking during the super bowl, coming up here next month.

January 1, 2018 / 3:47 pm

What a great thing! I have to up my charity work this year – been a little behind in doing that.

8. somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com
    December 30, 2017 / 9:01 pm

Nothing beats a knit hat made for someone you love. Your son is very lucky. I wish I could knit a hat, I'm only good for dishcloths.

January 1, 2018 / 3:45 pm

You could knit a hat! Its not very scary…. the decreases are the hardest thing and working on three needles at the end, but it goes fast. I think Micah Rose would be very forgiving of any errors!

9. Chopin - A Passionate Quilter
    December 30, 2017 / 9:22 pm

I want to learn more techniques in my knitting – Like – how to knit – LOL. I am lookin for a good book for dish cloths. Any ideas? Like the cap – love the red.

January 1, 2018 / 3:57 pm

Yes, sometimes its the learning how to that we need. I suggest Ravelry as there are so many options and you can get a good idea of what people love and find as easy. I took a peak and Craftsy has a free learn to knit a dishcloth! They are easy and fun!

10. Sandra Walker
    January 4, 2018 / 1:58 am

Great hat! Our dear friend John and his pibble Brandy, who we spend lots of time with while we are both wintering in FL, he from the Catskills, us from Ontario, is a Red Sox fan! Love this hat, thanks for the link; I need to find a pattern for the yarn I got to make Brady a toque aka hat in US English. 🙂

January 4, 2018 / 6:25 pm

It is a very easy hat! FL sounds really good right now – in the middle of what they are calling a Snow Bomb or Snow Cyclone. Not too happy!