I’ve been on a quilting hiatus. We are selling our Somerville house and have already moved into a 3 bedroom apartment. Here’s what my sewing room looked like 15 days ago (I have since set up my machine where the computer is). Before it is really done, two cabinets will come from the house, which probably won’t happen until late October.
Note the scissors on the chair – not ready for sitting in!
You can see there are quite a few projects in plastic storage containers, fabric is on shelf – not organized.
But, we were planning on spending much of August in Maine, before the move was to happen. We found a place we liked and as there are few 3 bedroom apartments, we jumped on it a bit early. The good thing was it got the process going. The bad thing was, it was earlier than I envisioned! So, we moved contents and left some furniture to make it all work for the showing, but that furniture includes two storage units for fabric and files.
However, here comes the good news: I put together a quilt top – oneof my UFOs for 2017.
So fast, and as I type this, I am planning to sandwich today as another border is already on, but I really wanted to get a blog entry on this quilt.