This is a project from the UFO list last year. I had some leftover flying geese and scraps from a Block of the Month quilt I made a few years ago. I am making a table runner with it. I saw a pattern called “Elegant Runner” by Terry Albers in Fons & Porter’s Easy Quilts, Fall 2012. I put it in the bag with the scraps and this uses her pattern. Of course, the dimensions are all different, but the idea is Terry’s.
Some lessons I learned:
- There is never enough fabric in your scraps in the colors you need
- Thangles can help you squeeze half square triangles ⬕ out of fabric that is too short to do it the normal way.
- Keep on working with what you have
So far I have:
- Flying geese assembled into four pieces with some border fabric
- 4 stars made with thangles and
- more scraps
The plan is to make the the 8″ block be surrounded by some of the leftover fabric and maybe a black inner border to finish the table runner.